Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Bandit That's Me

Bandit's my cat. I love him. He's my life right now and has been through so much of my life with me. Yes he's getting older...(10) and I wish he had the ability to live as long as I do but I know that someday he will be gone and I will probably still be around. That will be a day of mourning. Why is it that our pets can be so important in our life and why do we love them so much. I think I know.

They are important because they are innocent. They don't know what we are saying or what evil or maliscious intent lies just ahead in that other yard or over that hill or across the street or in the street where the cars sometime speed by. They are innocent creatures that have been intrusted to us. Our job is to care for them and to protect them.

They are important because they do not judge us like people judge other people. They don't criticize like people criticize other people. They don't insult or belittle or mentally abuse us as humans are so fond of doing at times.

Our animals, our pets are simple. They are not complex, they do not need anything other than to be fed (now we've made them dependent on us for that), and companionship and love.

Simple, just simple...isn't that how we wish life was sometimes? Simple. Simple and peaceful with love, care, respect.

That's why I love Bandit. Those are only some of the reasons but they are very important reasons.

No comments: